Friday, September 2, 2022

Week 2 observation

 Week two

During week two, We learned a lot about observation and the different types of observation note taking strategies. We also went over a few different types of grading scales. While learning this weeks information, I was able to bring in background knowledge from whenever I was in grade school during centers, I remember my teachers walking around with a notepad writing down information that the students never got to see. After learning about this information, I can infer that my teachers were writing down running records of the classroom. 

Objective- based on facts and observable behavior, often quantifiable and measurable. 

Running records- detailed description of a sequence of behaviors, present tense, includes as much detail as possible.

Anecdotal records-  brief description of a single incident, what, where, when, written in past tense.

Time Sampling- used when there is an interest in determining frequency of behavior, observed for a predetermined time. 

Event Sampling- identify possible causes and possible consequences of certain behaviors, uses the A,B,C technique to determine why a certain behavior is happening. (antecedent, behavior, consequences)

Checklist- an organized list of skills, abilities, and behaviors. (yes/no, no details)

Rating scale- an organized list of skills, behaviors, abilities, and levels of performance. The degree to which they are observed.(highly subjective)

Rubric- an organized list of skills, behaviors, abilities, and levels of performance. defines the level of degree. 

Analytic Rubric- describes and scores each of the tasks separately. provides detailed feedback in areas of strength or weakness. 

Holistic Rubric- describes the criteria for one score. 













3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I really liked that you included a memory from your early childhood experience. It's always so interesting to look back on our time in school and learn about the strategies our teachers used when we were young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I really like your blog! It's very organized, creative, and easy to read. Additionally, you have a lot of information that you tied into your own previous experiences which is really cool to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love how creative your blog is and how you go into detail about what you learned and how you feel about it!

    ReplyDelete

Week 7 & 8 Statistics (combined)

 During week 7, we learned a the basics of statistics. I reviewed a lot of vocabulary previously learned in my statistics course. With the i...