Week 3
Documentation- dynamic records of a child's progress. *includes photographs, comments, transcripts, graphs, drawings...*
Week three we learned a lot about documentation and the different types of documentation. We learned about documentation panels. They are essentially a display of the child's work and what they are learning. The students can use the documentation panels to revisit what they have learned. We also learned about portfolios and how they can be used to document children's work. A portfolio is a collection of a students work set into a binder. It is used to store and display the child's work overtime. It can also be used to show how much the student has improved overtime.
I will use this information to apply it into my own classroom. Documentation is an important thing for not only the teacher but for the students and family. The family can use whatever documentation you provide to know what their daughter/son is learning within your classroom. The parents can then use that information to work with their child at home. This will help me provide the best learning experiences for my students because they will be able to reflect on their learning even while they are at home.
I like how you first added what a documentation is and helped your readers understand what it is. I like how you included the family aspect of documentation and how important it is to student's progress.
ReplyDeleteHello! I enjoyed reading about the ways in which you plan to implement documentation into your future classroom. I love the idea of including families into the documentation process! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHello! I loved the way you want to use documentation in your classroom and incorporate families into as well because this can really help students succeed.
ReplyDelete