Thursday, September 1, 2022

Week 1 Assessments

 WEEK ONE 

During week one, we learned a lot of valuable information. We went over different types of assessments and why we use certain ones. I believe that this information is very useful for my future, whenever I am creating a lesson I am definitely going to keep the different types of assessment in mind. Before taking this course, I knew that there were different types of tests for different reasons but I never expected there to be this many. I always assumed that there was only three different kinds of assessment, what you know before you learn it 

Assessment- process of recording, observing, and documenting the work of students and how they do it. It can be used as a basis for educational decisions. 

Formal- empirical research data, students are compared to levels of expected performance. 

Informal- "teacher created", multimodal 

Authentic- focused on real life activities

Performance based- action and skill based 

Formative- assessment that is taking during the learning process to help teachers evaluate the learning process of students 

Summative- helps determine students final knowledge of a skill. 

Criterion - Refrenced- high stakes standardized test. 

Diagnostic- assessment of what the student knows before you teach it.

Norm- refrenced- ranks students in terms of standardized distribution of scores (designed to compare scores. 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Ally, I really liked how you organized this reflection by stating all the definitions. This makes it such a good resource to go back and look at in the future! I also completely agree with you on that fact that you never expected there to be so many forms of assessments and test you could perform. Overall great reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way that you made it in bulleted definition format to be able to look at it quick and easily be able to read it to know what type of assessment you want to use and when on your future students.

    ReplyDelete

Week 7 & 8 Statistics (combined)

 During week 7, we learned a the basics of statistics. I reviewed a lot of vocabulary previously learned in my statistics course. With the i...