During week six, I learned all about lesson planning and aligning the standards to the objectives. As I begin writing my lesson plans, it is important that the standard, objective, and assessment all align. If they do not align, you as the teacher need to make any changes to get them to align. I noticed that if you follow a lesson plan starting with the standard, then objective, and the the assessment. It is easier to make sure that they all align before you start writing the procedures down. If your lesson plan is not aligned then you are wasting not only your time but the students time. They are not going to be very confused and they are not going to grasp the information that you want them too.
After writing my own lesson plan for the first time, I have already learned so much information that I can use in my own classroom. I think whenever I have my own classroom, I will not include so much detail within it. It is important to differentiate your lesson plans and sometimes the only way to do that is during instruction as you notice that changes are needed. Once you make one change to your lesson plan, more than likely, you will have to change the whole thing or a good section of it. This is why I think lesson plans should not be stuffed with procedures and step by steps but rather having just a general idea of what you plan to do with your students.
Hi Ally! I definitely agree with you about including a lot of details in future lesson plans. I think what we are learning about lesson plans is information that will greatly benefit us in the future
ReplyDeleteHi Ally, great job on your reflection this week! We show some similarities throughout our reflections, we both provided the same picture and I chose that one because I thought it was a meaningful yet simple graphic. I really like how you stated that if you aren't making a lesson plan that align with standards you are wasting your time as well as the students.
ReplyDelete